Garden toys for 6 year old boy

(9 Posts)
Blondiewoman007 Thu 17-Mar-16 15:10:39

I'm getting ready for spring and summer and wondered if anyone had recommendations for good garden toys for a nearly 6 year old boy. We had a clear out in the winter and got rid of his more babyish toys like his little tikes car etc so I'm looking to replace with older kids' toys or activities. We only have the one child but he often has friends to play and he is good at occupying himself.
Thanks.

OneMagnumisneverenough Thu 17-Mar-16 15:15:13

Basketball Net
Swing
Set of Goals
Swingball/badminton version
trampoline (with net)
Scooter
Bike

OneMagnumisneverenough Thu 17-Mar-16 15:20:55

Depending on what your surface is like, maybe one of these?:

www.didicar.co.uk/toy-shop/c-the-original-didicar?gclid=CO272eKByMsCFesW0wod6l8C_Q

Play tent - my kids had enormous fun out of one of these - it cost us £5 from ikea and they played with it indoors and out until they were about 12.

Nerf guns
Water guns

VashtaNerada Thu 17-Mar-16 15:21:41

DD (because obviously boys don't need different toys to girls!!) enjoys swingball, football, scooter. She would love a trampoline if we could afford one. I also got her a quoits game which she's not great at but just makes up her own rules!

Twistedheartache Thu 17-Mar-16 15:25:26

I've bought 5 year old dd a swingball set & a pogo stick for her birthday so hopefully they will get a lot of use this summer

Princesspeach1980 Thu 17-Mar-16 15:39:00

Trampoline? Pop up tents are good, my 6 year old still likes his slide too. We also have a random assortment of footballs, hula hoops, plastic swords etc that he loves

Gowgirl Thu 17-Mar-16 15:50:24

Save yourself he can wreck the garden adequately with a football!
......and probally willgrin

Blondiewoman007 Thu 17-Mar-16 16:28:08

Thank you all you lovely people. Lots of ideas. I'm sure he will wreck our garden with a football cowgirl as he has just started football training and LOVES it!

Gowgirl Thu 17-Mar-16 16:31:57

I spend my life saying its a house not a football pitch....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now