Took away dummy now problems at night

(6 Posts)
purpleme12 Wed 16-Mar-16 23:03:03

Took away my 2.5 little girl's dummy at weekend cold turkey as she'd bitten it really bad this time so it was no one's choice and in fact I would have quite happily kept going with it. Doing pretty ok in the day but getting to sleep is hard when before it was ok. But she's just cried and cried in her sleep just now and she's inconsolable writhing around and crying and thrashing about and I try to hug her but she pushed me away she pushes me away when I touch her I just can't do anything! so I just sat and cried! it's breaking my heart!

ODog Thu 17-Mar-16 13:48:05

Buy another one and try again in a few months maybe. I'm all for what works and helps everyone sleep at night.

waterrat Thu 17-Mar-16 19:56:51

I'd get a new one !

NickyEds Thu 17-Mar-16 20:57:58

I'd get a new one too.

purpleme12 Fri 18-Mar-16 00:10:28

I can't get another one she was biting them it's not safe and even if that wasn't the issue if I got another one all of this hurt would have been for nothing and then I really would feel mean. I was just looking for some emotional support really but doesn't matter. feel better about it today anyway

westcountrywoman Fri 18-Mar-16 00:14:24

Slightly different but DD was a thumb sucker and injured her thumb at a similar age so couldn't suck it. She was very unsettled at night for a week or so and then adapted fine. She didn't go back to thumb sucking when her thumb healed either.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now