Loss of apitite?

(2 Posts)
sepa Sun 13-Mar-16 18:07:09

I gave birth to DC1 9 days ago and have seen a big decrease in my apitite. Is this normal following birth? I am expressing milk for her so I know that eating is important for my supply etc.

It's really fustrating me as I love food (and a little over weight before falling pregnant)

Florentina27 Mon 14-Mar-16 05:43:09

I felt the same at first, although my huby cooked lots for me and I couldn't wait to eat the forbidden foods before giving birth. You should at least try to eat a bit and have some vitamins as breastfeeding can weaken you, you're baby will still get all the goodness from you, they don't really eat a lot at this stage. This period will pass. From 3-6 months it is said that bf causes you to loose weight, that's when my appetite really came trough, when u wouldn't have time to eat properly I had to eat cake to make up for the calories. I think there are moments...sometimes appetite comes when you've already started eating...you will need strength. Although I eat all I want and cake almost every day i still lost pretty much all my pregnancy weight

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now