Good alternative to gro-clock

(7 Posts)
Flingingmelon Wed 09-Mar-16 07:28:37

After many nights of Toddler DS just unplugging the flipping thing and it being an utter PITA to programme anyway, I've had enough.

Can anyone recommend an alternative that is battery powered and will go on the wall?

HisBowtieIsReallyACamera Wed 09-Mar-16 08:01:24

How old is your DS? Why not just get an ordinary analogue clock and stick a bit of coloured tape on the small hand and the number you want him to stay in bed til?

BikeRunSki Wed 09-Mar-16 08:05:20

Maybe he's just too young? DS didn't really get it until he was 3-3.5, but it worked well after that.

Flingingmelon Wed 09-Mar-16 09:07:26

He's three in July.

I think he gets it. He understands how to make it work better than I do grin

HisBowtieIsReallyACamera Wed 09-Mar-16 16:54:05

Cheap analogue clock high up on wall where he can't reach it then! And chocolate based bribery works on my 3 year old - currently 2 chocolate buttons every evening after a toilet accident free day... Gro Clock works fine for some reason - he knows how to reset it but chooses not too. But our wake up time isn't too optimistic - sun comes up at 6am confused

Flingingmelon Wed 09-Mar-16 17:39:16

Right. I've bought a kids wall clock and a highlighter.

Fingers crossed the chocolate bribery will work too, he's only been messing us about for a month or so, I want my 7am starts back confused

HisBowtieIsReallyACamera Wed 09-Mar-16 20:25:55

Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now