Someone who knows about pushchairs (Stokke) please help?

(6 Posts)
Jade7392 Tue 01-Mar-16 04:28:23

I'm clueless! I brought a cheap travel system with my son as was strapped for cash and this time round I am able to afford something a bit nicer and really want a stokke in addition to the double I will be buying.

I've attached a picture. I want to buy this one (or similar) advertised as being from newborn. It has no carrycot though so I'm having difficulty working out how a newborn would lay in it. Does I lay back?

mnpeasantry Tue 01-Mar-16 06:59:18

Friends I know who have the stokke have regretted it. It looks great but very bulky and a bit awkward. The steering Isn't great either. I had the uppababy for my first which I think was the right purchase for what was available at the time. Since then the Egg has been released. It's magnificent. Folds away like a dream one handed. I'm expecting number 2 and can't justify the cost really but if I could I would definitely go for it. Whatever you go for I hope you enjoy it.

parrotonmyshoulder Tue 01-Mar-16 07:04:29

I've never regretted mine. Had it for 6 years with 2 dc, up to age 3 with the second one and he'd still go in it now if he could. It's for sale by the way, with carrycot (but not a car seat). PM me if you want more details.

parrotonmyshoulder Tue 01-Mar-16 07:05:32

The one you have there, without carrycot, is fine for a newborn too - they just lie in the seat and it lies back. I used the carrycot bit until about 3 months I think, and as an extra Moses basket for day time sleep in the house.

Lucy90 Tue 01-Mar-16 10:09:03

We were going to get the Stokke crusi for DD1 we both loved it but it was just too heavy for me to get in and out of the car and on and off buses etc. We went for silver cross pioneer in the end and it's brilliant

StarChaser99 Tue 01-Mar-16 18:24:13

We love our Stokke. We have an Xplory so different to this one but the pushchair seat on that has a fully flat function so can accommodate a newborn.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now