Loneliness

(7 Posts)
satsumagirl Mon 29-Feb-16 19:43:04

Hello there.

I just wanted to talk to others who might have been in the same situation.
I'm married and we have 2 young kids, one of whom is in school. We both work full time and very long hours with no family nearby.

I know that I am lucky. We are okay for money, in decent jobs, we have a house and most importantly the DCs are healthy and seem happy (touch wood). And I feel blinking stupid writing this. But we both work such a lot we don't see each other that much or our friends and I find that very hard. DH travels a fair bit with work. Our marriage has been through a very rocky patch over the last few years due to kids not sleeping, family issues, work being all consuming etc but things are getting a bit better. I just feel horribly, terribly lonely. I've tried to tell DH about it but he just says that I should be more resilient and happy. I've had depression before and feel that I am often battling to fight it off. You wouldn't know it if you met me though. I put a brave face on it at work and everyone says I am calm and happy.

I just wondered if anyone has been through something similar, and what you did about it. I don't want to talk to my friends about it- I don't see them very often and I would feel ashamed confessing to how I feel.

lemon101 Mon 29-Feb-16 23:11:17

Hi, no real words of wisdom really except to say that I understand how you are feeling and how work/other life demands and kids can really make things hard in a relationship. It's something me and dh are working through.
You should open up to your friends - there is no reason to be ashamed. You might otherwise have a comfortable life but that doesn't invalidate how you feel.flowers

purpleme12 Mon 29-Feb-16 23:34:17

I empathise too. I know how you feel

purpleme12 Mon 29-Feb-16 23:37:10

I also feel very lonely.I feel like I'm just here to entertain my little girl part of me feels like I've lost me

reallywittyname Tue 01-Mar-16 09:52:17

Me too. It's lonely looking after two small children all day.
flowers for you.

Bree85 Tue 01-Mar-16 09:58:45

That is so sad to hear. I hope you two can work that out. I guess you need both a holiday, just the two of you even just for a day or two. Maybe that could help.

satsumagirl Tue 01-Mar-16 13:47:17

Glad it's not just me. Thanks so much ladies xxxx

Has anyone been here and come out the other side?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now