Help I need world book day ideas - science based

(10 Posts)
wigwam33 Sat 27-Feb-16 09:47:07

Just that. My DS has to dress up in a science or non-fiction based outfit and I'm stumped. Need ideas please! Preferably cheap and not requiring any skill.

I'm not good at this at the best of times but really I can't think of anything except for a doctor and where would I get a cheap white coat?!

Albert Einstein? Is that too obvious? He obviously wrote a book about his theory of relativity...called Relativity. grin

Anyway, could buy a blonde wig and hairspray it to fuck to make it stick up all crazily, and get a grey/ old-looking mustache? DS can wear school trousers, shirt and tie?

I ordered wigs online from a costume shop for Halloween for less than a fiver, btw. If you order today should hopefully arrive before Thursday.

ScarletOverkill Sat 27-Feb-16 09:55:21

Just have him wear jeans etc.
Scientists are "normal" people.

CMOTDibbler Sat 27-Feb-16 09:56:24

Jumper and jeans - Brian Cox.

PirateSmile Sat 27-Feb-16 10:03:49

This seems strange to me. Of all the fantastic fictional characters, your dc have to dress up as non-fictional characters confused

Carl Sagan? He wears a roll-neck top and a blazer in one of his photos. Could you do DS hair in kind of a 70's side part?

Spikeinhiscoat Sat 27-Feb-16 10:11:58

Large/adult white shirt instead of white lab coat?

ghostoftheMNchicken Sat 27-Feb-16 10:23:51

Non-fiction based would suggest historical characters are okay, or does it have to be specifically science-based? So maybe a Roman toga? Or something drapy and one of them triangular-ruler whatsits and claim it's Pythagorus?

spiker Sun 28-Feb-16 21:49:48

Gah - as if WBD isn't bad enough...Professor Branestawm?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now