'Clubs for boys who like History, factbooks, magic -do they exist???

(8 Posts)
Agadooo Fri 19-Feb-16 12:42:48

My 9 year old isn't very into sports or lego which are the 2 things the boys in his class are into. He loves horrible histories, ripleys believe it or not, guiness book of records, random facts, magic etc. Anyone know of any clubs or places where he could meet some boys with similar interests or any other suggestions so he can make some friends who like similar things? He goes to Cubs and seems to quite like it but hasn't made any friends he'd see outside of it.

TheSpottedZebra Fri 19-Feb-16 12:43:40

Coding club?

Agadooo Fri 19-Feb-16 13:20:41

Yes he'd probably really like thanks tbut I think would be quite an individual thing with him n his computer rather than taking to the others x

TheSpottedZebra Fri 19-Feb-16 13:47:41

My nephew goes to a coding club, and it seems quite sociable (but I've only been once with him).
But it was a quiet sociability - little groups of 2 and 3 working together rather than a rabble all playing loudly. Certainly he seems to have met a clone there, with whom he now plays... lego.

Is there some kind of wildlife or parks thing near you? Eg a local park organisation near me is trialling a club - it's called something like Nature Rangers - and they look at trees, and bugs and play outside a bit. My DS was interested but couldn't get a place alas.

TheSpottedZebra Fri 19-Feb-16 13:48:53

Maybe there are clubs for magic?

ChemicalReaction Fri 19-Feb-16 13:56:25

Isn't there a young archeologists club? Will see if I can find details.

educatingarti Fri 19-Feb-16 13:59:36

Yay to young archaeologists if there is one near you.

Agadooo Fri 19-Feb-16 14:52:11

Thanks-archaeology club sounds great -just looked it up and nearest one us 26 miles away-hmmm. Gotta be 12 for the magic club. Shall check out local coding clubs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now