Daugter's Physio Appointment

(1 Post)
DizzeeBorg Thu 04-Feb-16 12:39:17

My nearly two year old was seen for the first time by a physio six months ago at which point no action was taken and at her second appointment yesterday it was decided she requires special boots provided by the hospital which have been ordered. The physio was also talking about various other additional measures she may require in the future to support her learning to write, finger splints, etc.

I was a little blindsided at the time and have since been kicking myself that I didn't ask more questions. Does this mean my daughter now has some sort of diagnosis, or the physio is just responding to her current needs with a 'wait and see' approach? I assume they would tell me if they had diagnosed something, but perhaps not.

My daughter is walking but her feet fully roll in, generally in terms of developmental milestones she seems okay. She was born at 33 weeks and was discharged by her consultant last month who was happy to let the physio continue to manage whatever it is that is being managed.

I made the assumption that the physio is working on the diagnosis of joint hypermobility disorder, but only since getting home did I think that no one has ever actually said that and they could be going down a completely different avenue.

Do you think if my daughter had a diagnosis I would have been told? Anyone with similar experience?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now