Twelve week old gone crackers: anything else I can do?!

(5 Posts)
cheerfullysleepless Fri 22-Jan-16 16:07:03

Doubt there's any real answer to this but just checking. Does anyone have any wisdom on how to soothe twelve week old I think going through growth spurt? Waking more frequently to feed which makes sense but think getting over tired from that then hysterical as over tired and screaming so can't sleep until crashes after good hour plus long rage. Seems to only stay asleep
For twenty mins then wakes up smiling or screaming.... Otherwise cheerful and no temp etc but not screamed like this for weeks... Basically just check nappy temp etc then walk him round singing til passes, in sling outside if not raining.... Anything else I could do for poor sod?! Xxxx

DomesticGoddess31 Fri 22-Jan-16 20:20:18

If you haven't already, try a swaddle, white noise on loud, dark room. Basically blocking out all stimuli so he's not overwhelmed. Or, put him in the car, tune the radio out so you get white noise and go for a drive. Keep driving once he's asleep for at least 15 mins to get him past the first light sleep cycle. Hang in there it will pass flowers

cheerfullysleepless Fri 22-Jan-16 20:39:20

Thank you - really appreciate that xxx

lenibose Fri 22-Jan-16 20:46:58

Mine began teething at 12 weeks. Yep, you could see the faint outline of a tooth, possibly two even. The first tooth didn't emerge till he was 8 months old. That was a VERY long 5 months. Basically when they lie down it hurts more, and hence the waking up twenty minutes later in rage. They feed because it soothes the pain but it doesn't actually help. I can't remember if you can give Calpol at that age, but I would give and see if he appears magically more cheerful and then you'll know if he was in pain. Also, DS would do this (at an older age though) when a cold was coming on, but he had no symptoms. In hindsight I guess he had a headache/was feeling bunged up and had no way of expressing it, so he screamed.

cheerfullysleepless Fri 22-Jan-16 21:02:40

Been wondering about teeth as can see them... Got calpol safe from two months.... Thanks for the advice!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now