Nap dropping - help!

(6 Posts)
FuzzyDucker Fri 22-Jan-16 13:20:46

Hey, so my 20 month old ds appears to be dropping his nap shock he just won't go to sleep? He's never been easy to get to sleep but this past week almost nothing has worked, bed, car, pushchair, sling, sofa.
He's tired all afternoon as a result, but will have periods of being very active and then sleepy, but trying to get him to nap just makes him cross or wakes him up confused

What do I do?

Imeg Fri 22-Jan-16 13:35:32

Mine (22 months) has days where he refuses to go to sleep now - I have taken to putting him in his cot for 'quiet time' at the time he would normally have a nap, give him a car or truck or something as well as his teddies, and leave him there to either sleep or not as the mood takes him.

ODog Fri 22-Jan-16 20:17:21

My 19mo when through a week or so of nap refusal. He has come out the other side and is sleeping around 2 hrs each day now thank god . He might just be having a bit of a developmental leap that is affecting his sleep.

DomesticGoddess31 Fri 22-Jan-16 20:24:32

Mine does this sometimes. I would lay money on it being a development leap. He's probably about to start talking! Earlier bedtime might help?

ODog Fri 22-Jan-16 20:34:41

Yes domestic when DS did this (he was also fighting sleep at night and taking an hour+ to drop off) it all coincided with him suddenly expanding his vocal from about 4 words to about 50!

FuzzyDucker Sat 23-Jan-16 12:07:20

Thanks, I'll look out for all the new words then!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now