Leaky nappies

(16 Posts)
ohsewsarah83 Wed 13-Jan-16 17:23:30

I'm having real trouble, particularly at night, with my 7 week old boy. Literally every nappy leaks pee meaning a screaming wake up, a full outfit change, bedding swap about and tonnes of washing! I don't have the same issue if he sleeps on me, is in his car seat, pushchair, rocker etc or even if he occasionally sleeps on his side during the day when I'm watching him. The problem only seems to occur when he is flat on his back. What am I doing wrong?? I've been using Huggies but have some pampers I could try. Any one else had this problem? Thanks! Xx

purplewhale Wed 13-Jan-16 17:25:56

Are you making sure his willy is pointing down?
Try a bigger size nappy
Try a different brand
How often do you change him?

Rosenwyn1985 Wed 13-Jan-16 17:29:48

Different brands are a good shout. My firstborn (also a boy) could only wear pampers. Everything else leaked!

Watto1 Wed 13-Jan-16 17:33:12

Try the next size up nappies as they will have more absorbency. Also worth trying other brands. Pampers leaked with my DS but he was fine with Sainsburys own.

Chillyegg Wed 13-Jan-16 17:33:33

Asda little Angel ones I find are the best. (Um not sure if that the name but they have on the packaging recommended by mumsnet).

ThereIsIron Wed 13-Jan-16 17:36:19

Tesco nappies worked best for us

SerenityReynolds Wed 13-Jan-16 18:22:35

I tended to find that more leaky nappies meant we needed to go up a size. Aldi nappies are good too if you want to try a different brand.

Figwin Wed 13-Jan-16 18:25:04

Big fan of Aldi nappies here. Also find a bodysuit keeps it all close to DDs body at the top

rudolphistheboss Wed 13-Jan-16 18:26:05

I would try up a size... And if that didn't work then down a size? Different brands fit differently too, my DD has Sainsbury's for night time but they leak on the first wee for my ds so he has Tesco or aldi. DD can't wear aldi nappies as she has a bad allergic reaction to them, almost like a chemical burn. Who'd have thought that nappies could be so bloody complicated!!

purplewhale Wed 13-Jan-16 20:12:54

We've had good results from morrisons, Aldi and pampers. Sainsburys were rubbish!

Jw35 Wed 13-Jan-16 20:53:05

Pampers baby dry are great. Also my dd wore 2 nappies at night, the top one the wrong way round which solved the issue.

Coldtoeswarmheart Wed 13-Jan-16 21:02:06

Pampers Simply Dry, and go up a size. My two were always in the next size up for their weight, as if not they leaked.

ODog Thu 14-Jan-16 21:18:42

My DS always leaked in pampers as a newborn, but aldi and asda were fine. Always worth trying a size up too. I find most brands similar in terms of leakiness now he's older (19mo) - no idea what's changed. He's always been a heavy wetter since a newborn though so we change quite regularly and always have.

KP86 Thu 14-Jan-16 21:24:20

Just try different brands and maybe go up a size. All the brands are slightly different shapes, which

Where do you live? I didn't know you could get Huggies in the UK?

KP86 Thu 14-Jan-16 21:25:52

Bloody hell, hit post by mistake.

I was going to say diff brands are diff shapes which suits diff babies because as we know they aren't all made the same! Some have chubby legs, some have round bellies, some are super slim all over.

Penis pointing down is a HUGE hint.

floooOoooatyfloooOooo Thu 14-Jan-16 22:21:37

Usually leaky nappies here means we need to go up a size. But they can leak of too big too.
Also too much barrier cream can affect the absorbency too. And yes willy pointing down as pp said x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now