Snuzpod - need some feedback or recommendations for cri s

(11 Posts)
milkyman Tue 12-Jan-16 17:25:26

2nd ds due soon - really dislike moses baskets. Heard good things about snuzpods - anyone used one? Probably bottle feeding so up in the night but still like the idea of a co-sleeper.

Sweetpotatoaddict Tue 12-Jan-16 17:36:14

I used a snuzpod for my first ds and will use it again for dc2. The side dropped down and sat on top of our mattress, the side took up a bit of space on my side of the bed. Our bed was a little too high for it, but we decided the inch of height difference was acceptable. I loved being able to reach across to ds1 through the night and pat him if required. I would definitely recommend it, but don't really have anything to compare it with. We bought it over the Bednest for cost reasons only.

milkyman Tue 12-Jan-16 19:17:40

Thanks - tempted! Do you know the cheapest place to get one?

Figwin Tue 12-Jan-16 19:27:21

We had a snuzpod and loved it. Found a few bits tricky when putting it together just because the fabric was stiff but amazing once it was up as DD wouldn't sleep without some physical contact. You do have to get in the bed around it (I found fine but if you had C sec it might be harder). Also you lose your bedside table. There is a bar that you can balance things on (bottle of water in my case) and a shelf underneath.

Some friends used it with a sleepyhead and it worked well for them too

Yarpyarp Tue 12-Jan-16 19:27:34

Got one and it's great. Would highly recommend it.

Alternative I looked at is the chicco Next To Me ( I think it's called) it has a bigger surface area and it tilts, but I just preferred the snuzpod

Got mine online from toys r us - they had a deal on for the mattress to be included. Check when you are buying it coz some places don't include it.

You might get lucky on eBay. I bid on a few used ones but they were going for almost full price so in the end it was like an extra ten quid to get a brand new one.

glueandstick Tue 12-Jan-16 19:49:26

We haven't used it yet but have it made up. Boots seems the cheapest place at £180 including mattress and you get £18 of boots points too. It looks lovely. No idea if it is any good.

Sweetpotatoaddict Tue 12-Jan-16 21:55:47

i bought mine direct from the little green sheep, got mattress and protectors from them too. I had a section and managed in and out of bed without any issues. The resale value was one of the things that prompted me to get one! It's currently being used by friends, and they like it too.

rachyrach123 Mon 18-Jan-16 12:04:06

I just bought snuzpod for £152.10 with mattress. It's on sale here - www.cuckooland.com/dnc/cuckooland/product/46114/snuzpod-3-in-1-bedside-crib?cat=0

Then I found discount code SZPOD10 for 10% off. I have been looking at these for a while now, and this is the cheapest price I have found so far. I think the promotion ends 30th Jan? The code doesn't work on the accessories though which is a shame. Can't comment on functionality as it hasn't arrived yet, but I've done so much research online I'm confident it's going to be great. Hope this helps!

MiscellaneousAssortment Mon 18-Jan-16 23:03:40

I had my co sleeping boy a few years ago so I can't find the exact one I got, but I got a full size cot cosleeper, and I just thought I'd mention why... DS didn't appear to have read any of the guidelines for baby sleeping arrangements drat him!

He co slept way past the 6 month limit most of the crib types of cosleeper have - and I'm so glad I didn't go for one of the smaller ones - though I was really sad as they all looked way nicer for tiny babies, but DS wasn't happy to sleep on his own until he was about 18mths so it would have been dangerous to try and keep using the ones for little babies, and super expensive to buy a second cosleeping device.

So although most parents and babies seem ok with the smaller ones, I just thought I'd mention my experiences as it was a total surprise to me that a baby could make its wishes (demands!) so very strongly and not waver for months and months in his need to be physically touching distance.

Bonkers Velcro baby (I say fondly), oh I'd love another even though the lack of sleep almost broke me. Ah well.

Good luck whichever one you choose.

alaurar Tue 19-Jan-16 18:01:56

I have a snuzpod plus bedding from the company that makes it. I think it's all high quality and well made, I really like it. My baby, not so much, but she hates the Moses basket too. It's more sturdy than the Chicco option appears to be but it's not really portable because it's heavy.

catg83 Tue 19-Jan-16 22:12:36

We loved ours. He stayed in it until about 7 months. We didn't move it though once it was in place. Would have been a right PITA to move. DS is breastfed so was brill to be able to pull him across to me to feed and them put him back in (when he would be put down). X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now