Is it weird...

(7 Posts)
Jennywren21 Mon 11-Jan-16 21:40:27

A female family friend of ours who is fairly involved with our children was wearing lipstick. My almost 3 year old daughter (who took an interest in the lipstick) was asked by the friend to kiss her on the lips 'lots' to get some on herself.

As a family we are cheek kissers not lips but I appreciate some families are lip kissers but she is not family, not even that close a friend. We refer to my close friends as aunties for example, this really is just a friend. Younger than me, without children who I have not known for long.

It was the friend who told me of the incident not my child, she thought it amusing. In fact she told me more than once, as though checking it was ok. I didn't know what to say! I kind of brushed it off.

Am I over reacting? What would you do?

Haggisfish Mon 11-Jan-16 21:42:05

Nothing. Sounds like a bit of fun between them both.

Haggisfish Mon 11-Jan-16 21:42:48

There's a difference between a lip kiss for affection and for something silly like getting lipstick on lips.

ElsaAintAsColdAsMe Mon 11-Jan-16 21:43:27

I would do nothing.

It's perfectly normal behaviour.

Lovelydiscusfish Mon 11-Jan-16 21:53:45

Is there something specifically worrying you? Is it hygiene related? Or do you feel that the woman was doing it with sinister intent? This seems unlikely from an outsider's perspective (especially as she told you about it). Is there something else making you worry?
From what you've said, it would not bother me at all.

OneWordTwoSyllables Tue 12-Jan-16 09:58:26

I wouldn't do anything but it does sound weird to me! Not sinister or anything worth worrying about...just, well, weird!

Not something I would do with a child of a similar connection to me. But we're all different with different ideas of fun and it sounds perfectly harmless.

PennyHasNoSurname Tue 12-Jan-16 10:00:12

Maybe she would rather that than give her lipstick to 3yo

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now