what is the best disposable nappy brand?

(31 Posts)
JJRJ1002 Mon 04-Jan-16 17:29:04

Hi all

I have a 9 week old DD and I have been using pampers nappies since she was born- they are fine they don't make her sore or anything but I find there is a strong chemical smell off of them. So was wondering if I could get some opinions of what people thought the best disposable brand is?

CultureSucksDownWords Mon 04-Jan-16 18:35:49

If you don't like the chemical smells you could try a nappy like Naty that don't use chemicals to the same degree. There are other similar brands like Beaming Baby too.

Leviticus Mon 04-Jan-16 20:04:15

Aldi Mamia, hands down. I've not sniffed them though...

polkadotdelight Mon 04-Jan-16 20:07:58

Aldi mamia here too.

BikeRunSki Mon 04-Jan-16 20:10:19

Best in what way?

If you don't want such heavily synthetic nappies, try Moltex, Bambo or Naty. Or cloth nappies.
here. Naty used to be available in Boots too, but it's been a couple of years since i've bought nappies so I don't know if they still do. I preferred Bambo and used them at night (cloth during day), because they are massively absorbent.

Pidapie Mon 04-Jan-16 20:10:53

I find Tesco ones don't smell like Pampers smile

youlemming Mon 04-Jan-16 21:19:44

I buy the Kiddicare Just for Bums nappies off the website, find used for DD1 and now DD2 is big enough just started using again (they start from size2).
If I order late I use Tesco Ultra Dry as a stop gao.

I too found pampers to have a strong smell, tried both Boots and Sainsburys but wasn't keen.
Haven't tried Aldi but heard they are good.

Luc28 Mon 04-Jan-16 21:26:01

Aldis own are by far the best! Well worth trying!

Seeyounearertime Mon 04-Jan-16 21:27:19

We used Kiddicare ones and Tesco ones. Both very very good and not expensive at all.

comeagainforbigfudge Mon 04-Jan-16 21:29:16

Aldi for sure.
Although im currently using sainsbury's own and quite like them so far

Tinofsardines Mon 04-Jan-16 21:30:45

Definitely Aldi smile

I love them- no nasty smell at all!

Gunting Mon 04-Jan-16 21:31:16

Everyone raves about Aldi nappies but they gave my ds a sore bum and also had some hideous poo leakages from them shock

Topsyloulou Mon 04-Jan-16 21:32:05

Definitely Aldi. I've tried pampers, boots & Asda and nothing beats the Aldi ones. The great value for money is an added bonus.

Dinosaursdontgrowontrees Mon 04-Jan-16 21:32:36

Love Naty nappies. I have used them for the last 9 years (4 different children) I have only seen them in Sainsbury, waitrose, mothercare and boots. I hate the chemically smell of most disposable nappies but Naty nappies are great.

Outaboutnowt Mon 04-Jan-16 21:34:06

I love Naty nappies. I try to buy them when they are on offer - they're good for during the night.
We use supermarket own brand otherwise, they're OK but they just don't cut it for nighttime!

TwoAndTwoEqualsChaos Mon 04-Jan-16 21:34:35

Aldi, so much better than any other own brand and most brands. I slightly preferred Pampers, but not the price, and Aldi's are fantastic.

Mummybare Mon 04-Jan-16 21:35:33

I use Naty too. Much better for the environment and not at all chemical-y. I get them on 'subscribe and save' on Amazon, so the price is pretty reasonable too.

minniebear Mon 04-Jan-16 21:36:03

Aldi here too!

MyCatIsABiggerBastardThanYours Mon 04-Jan-16 21:36:13

Lidl were the best when mine were babies. And cheap too!

I found pampers expensive rubbish. Ripped, leaked and fell apart.

minniebear Mon 04-Jan-16 21:37:48

My husband does a big Aldi shop every month or so-bulk buys nappies and wipes...I feel better about life in general if the nappy drawer is well stocked... blush

profpoopsnagle Mon 04-Jan-16 21:37:55

I liked Lid, and then later I discovered carrefour which are also very good.

Artistic Mon 04-Jan-16 21:38:07

Naty. No nappy rash ever & as envt friendly as you can get with disposables.

Thegreatunslept Mon 04-Jan-16 21:39:16

Asda little angels nappies were the winners in my house. They were the only ones that never leaked my ds would soak through a pampers but not an Asda nappy. My niece on the other hand America out in a rash when wearing Asda nappies and pampers are the only ones that she can use. I would buy 1 packet of supermarket own brand and try for yourself. I have used tesco and sainsbury nappies but find Asda are the best fit for my son.

sleeplessinmybedroom Mon 04-Jan-16 21:39:29

Another vote for aldi, we were given some pampers and they were rubbish, leaked, didn't hold nearly as much. I was glad when we finished them.

Alyx80 Mon 04-Jan-16 21:45:52

Aldi here too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now