anbesol or whatever it's called

(9 Posts)
zombiemeow Sat 02-Jan-16 17:02:14

Can this be used with nurofen?

Poor ds is struggling with his teeth today sad

ApologiesToInsectLife Sat 02-Jan-16 17:10:39

I used this with ds around 7 years ago and it was fine to use with neurofen etc then.

zombiemeow Sat 02-Jan-16 17:12:54

Thank you, I can't see anything on the leaflet but just wanted to be sure.

AntiHop Sat 02-Jan-16 20:26:31

Yes it can. What you can use with nurofen is any any other medicine containing ibuprofen. Teething is a nightmare isn't it.

zombiemeow Sat 02-Jan-16 21:30:10

Thanks antihop. It's awful sad he got his first tooth late and within the week he got 4 through with no fuss, now it's really bothering him.

daisydalrymple Sat 02-Jan-16 21:37:39

As an aside, I find the liquid easier to apply than the gel, which often won't go where needed!

Dc3 is on teeth 7/8 - a generally crap sleeper, we'd just turned a slight corner (well, shall we say minuscule curve) and these new teeth have taken us back what feels like 6 months!!! (14mo)

Hope your baby gets some relief soon. Ds is dairy intolerant to boot, so I can't even give him the teething powders, which helped with ds1 and dd as they contain lactose.

boopdoop Sat 02-Jan-16 22:16:19

Yes, anbesol is fine to use with other painkillers. Would recommend the liquid rather than the gel also.

zombiemeow Sun 03-Jan-16 06:29:43

I have the liquid but I'm a bit confused as ds tends to try and just suck it off my finger or sticky is younger out when I'm trying to get his bottom gums hmm

Daisy general crap sleeper and cmpi here too shock this just makes things worse.

daisydalrymple Sun 03-Jan-16 07:25:22

You have my sympathies. (Although it always helps to hear I'm not alone as much as I wouldnt wish the misery on others!)

I've ended up cosleeping with all 3 as a result, can't help feeling it's me as they've all been the same fsad Id be trying to wean off bf by now if it wasn't for the dairy, it's hard isn't it x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now