18mo chipped front tooth

(2 Posts)
ODog Thu 10-Dec-15 10:23:59

Hi, just looking for some reassurance really. Just noticed this mor into that my toddler has chipped one of his top front teeth. I'm not even sure how it happened. He had a fall yesterday but I didn't notice it when I brushed his teeth last night and no crying out in pain for any reason today so I'm at a bit of a loss. I rang the dentist and they want to see him tomorrow afternoon, but I have just read lots of scary stuff online about filing teeth and root canal treatment. I'm not worried about how it looks as its only small and he's little so who really cares but I don't want him to have to have lots of scary dental treatment if possible.

Any experience?

IDontWantToBuildASnowman Thu 10-Dec-15 14:09:21

My DD only got teeth at 14 months. At 16 months chipped one of them and it looked like a third of the tooth was chipped off. I was devastated (PFB what can I say) and for much more aesthetic reasons I am ashamed to admit, but she is now 6 and you can't even tell (still got baby teeth) as they continue to grow for quite a while and they are ever so gradually worn down, so a big chip when a baby can almost disappear down the like.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now