Overtired screaming baby

(8 Posts)
FattyNinjaOwl Thu 03-Dec-15 11:50:55

Just a rant really. And wondering if anyone has found the off switch on babies yet? If it helps my model is a 2015 in blue. Only arrived 17 weeks ago so still fairly new, but I can't seem to turn it off.

Honestly its been over an hour and he's still going. This is DC3 so I should know what I'm doing by now, but he just wont stop. Argh!

Twowrongsdontmakearight Thu 03-Dec-15 11:58:04

I used to lie down with mine, with boob if necessary. Stroking and soothing noises. After a really long yell they'd tend to go to sleep. Fingers crossed for you.

Peach1886 Thu 03-Dec-15 12:13:05

I also have a new-ish blue one, and the only thing that works when he gets that worked up - assuming all the usual possibilities have been checked/dealt with - is to let him cry it out. I felt awful the first time but HV explained that all attempts to soothe/fuss were just providing more stimulation when he's already had too much...

FattyNinjaOwl Thu 03-Dec-15 13:43:41

Yep. That's what I did. It's hard work though when he was waking his sister up! (She's two in a couple of weeks) and his unwell brother (7) he finally stopped at 12:34 but now he won't let me put him down, or he starts again.

Peach1886 Thu 03-Dec-15 14:34:36

You poor thing, i've not ever had it on a repeat setting, just an hour of screeching and then worn out silence (both of us). But you can't carry him round all day with the older two to look after as well - is there anyone who could take a turn with the cuddling?

FattyNinjaOwl Thu 03-Dec-15 14:36:35

I've popped him in the sling. He seems happy there for now. I tried to get my dad down but he refused (he's an arse) and my mum isn't well herself. DP is at work. Everything seems calmer now. Phew!

Artandco Thu 03-Dec-15 14:37:16

Get a sling. Put baby in and pat bum gently whilst moving a bit. At least if they are screaming but been fed/ changed you know they are ok. Means you can carry on getting other stuff done as can move around at least

MiaowTheCat Thu 03-Dec-15 18:31:00

I found when DD2 hit that point of total shutdown overtired screaming that all I could do was lie down with her in a darkened room and just ride it out - reassuring her that I was there but she just needed to unscramble herself really.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now