sharing a room

(2 Posts)
Dietagainmonday Thu 26-Nov-15 22:03:10

We live in two bedroom house and share a room with our three year old dd the other room is used for my 15 year old son. It's not ideal but she is in her own bed over the other side of the room to our bed, the room is quite big, although not huge and she does have her own space. (Partitioning the room is not a option)
I was told today that it is against the law to share with parents after the child turns 4! Is this correct? I cannot find any info on this.

specialsubject Fri 27-Nov-15 17:34:09

rubbish.

there are UK rules for council house tenants to determine overcrowding. According to Shelter, kids under 10 don't count so even if you are in a council house, you aren't defined as overcrowded. And even if you were, you'd have a long, long wait to change.

living rooms are also counted as usable bedrooms. Long time ago, but my mum grew up in a one-bed flat, sleeping on a campbed each night in the living room. She doesn't feel damaged by the experience.

no-one is going to send the cops round.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now