Coldy/Flu-y up one year old. Advice?

(7 Posts)
MrsMum2011 Sat 26-Sep-15 18:41:10

Hi, just a quick question, I think I'm in for a long night, one year old has got a cold.
The symptoms aren't showing too much a runny nose a little cough but boy is he grouchy and upset.. I think he must be quite achy / headache, my husband is quite sick and they are his symptoms.

Any suggestions on how to ease the pain help him sleep he has only had 1hr nap today, he is really unsettled in bed but is drifting slightly on us, already had Calpol again 30min ago.

Currently DH trying to settle.

Sorry its a daft question he is rarely ill and when he is, he is quite hardy and gets on with it so feel a bit rubbish at helping him as his mum at the moment.

Thanks in advance

icklekid Sat 26-Sep-15 18:42:36

We are in same situation saline drops, calpol and lots of cuddles are what we are doing!

polkadotdelight Sat 26-Sep-15 19:35:55

You can give ibuprofen (the baby one) in addition to calpol if he really needs it. Even at this age you can elevate the head end of the cot to help him breathe and snufflebabe or a calpol plug in can help. Little and often milk may help too, we find that DS can't breathe well enough to take a full bottle when he is poorly.

MrsMum2011 Sat 26-Sep-15 21:11:36

Thankyou lots of cuddles eventually got him to sleep not so long ago. Preparing f for a long night ahead. Thankyou will keep the ibuprofen and Calpol handy tonight before u go to sleep!
Ickle: Wish your child well soon

Artandco Sat 26-Sep-15 21:15:15

If he is bunged up nose wise it's helpful to take him in bathroom and turn hot shower or water on so the room fills with steam, it will help clear his nose a little. I used to sit in there on toilet ( with lid down!) and have them on my lap half asleep or feeding when they were like this.

Jodiemacdonald31 Sat 26-Sep-15 21:21:29

Vicks on chest, back and feet, propped up in bed and no radiator on it the bed room smile

MrsMum2011 Sat 26-Sep-15 22:33:27

I had forgotten about the steamy room thing (its been so long since he had a cold) and Vicks on the feet thank you! Will probably need that in a few days/ tomorrow so thank you, amazing what you forget! Currently his nose is just running for England...especially when he sneezes!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now