Happy Feet Model Agency / Happy Feet Management

(11 Posts)
saj2015 Tue 22-Sep-15 23:46:46

I have found this model agency called Happy Feet Model Agency online and they charge £100 to take professional pictures. Apparently they represent Argos, Next, Currys and so on.

Anyone had any experiences? Is it worth using them? I do not want to spend £100 for nothing.

The other ones I think look good are Bonnie and Betty, Urban Angels and Kids London.

scatterthenuns Tue 22-Sep-15 23:49:34

Anyone asking for cash for photos isn't worth it, and you won't get much work, if any.

I can't believe that people still don't know this.

RockinHippy Tue 22-Sep-15 23:54:27

No, absolutely not

No good agency that seriously believes it can successfully find work for your DC, will charge you anything upfront, be it fees or photo costs.

They make their money by taking commission on any work they find, so only take on kids that they genuinely believe they can "sell"

A few DO however take on DCs they can't sell & charge gullible parents for the privilege

thequickbrownfox Tue 22-Sep-15 23:55:47

What about Bizzy Kidz?

saj2015 Wed 23-Sep-15 12:11:19

But has anyone actually used them? Apparently Calpol use them. I called Calpol and they told me they use this company.

RockinHippy Wed 23-Sep-15 14:37:10

No, I wouldn't use them as they are asking for fees - I repeat - good, reputable agencies do not charge ANY fees upfront at all

I have heard that some agencies do both, they charge the parents of those less likely to get work & don't charge the ones that they are genuinely sure of - a GOOD agency will ONLY take on kids they are pretty sure they can find work for & WILL NOT CHARGE FEES!

gleigh Tue 01-Mar-16 21:58:15

I know this agency as i'm a commercial photographer as well as a parent, and they are 100% legit, and a very good agency. As are Bonnie & Betty and 2 or 3 others. There are a lot of rubbish agencies out there, but if you look at the social media accounts of these companies, you will always see news of kids on way to jobs, and evidence of work. I will also say that the good agencies like Happyfeet & Bonnie and Betty wont take anyone on. So its not just a case of you going along and parting with £100, thats only if your child fits the criteria. Whats also worth noting is that signing your child with a model agency is a lot of commitment. You need to go to 2/3 castings sometimes and may get nothing at the end of it. The most important thing is you should only be doing it if the child is happy to do so. Hope that helps from an industry point of view.

ModellingInformation Wed 30-Nov-16 12:37:52

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

orangepudding Wed 30-Nov-16 12:42:55

Child modelling agencies can and do charge fees, even the top ones.

I've never heard of Happy Feet but the others you mention are very good.

TheFlis12345 Wed 30-Nov-16 12:52:31

I work in advertising (for a big international agency) and we have used Happy Feet before.

ModellingInformation Wed 30-Nov-16 13:03:12

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now