Help! What double prams are out there please

(11 Posts)
KLou1105 Mon 31-Aug-15 17:52:00

Help with selecting a double pram please not keen on Phil and Teds, prefer icandy style. Expecting New Year's Eve, dd will be almost 21 months. At first I had decided to just go for a single pram but as time has gone on and daughter is more active and is at that age where she's wanting to run off and grab everything in shops. Thinking a double pram maybe more appropriate.

Lilipot15 Mon 31-Aug-15 18:13:17

It depends on your budget. Joolz Geo Duo is good but pricy.
I went for that rather than side by side as they look a nightmare to maneouvre round shops.
It folds really easily, feels more sturdy than i candy and lower cot/seat look comfier and more robust than Phil and teds.
It also looks good as a single buggy once eldest doesn't need it anymore.

KLou1105 Mon 31-Aug-15 20:01:21

Hi I've never heard of that one before. I've had a quick look online and Yes that sort of style I prefer, as would look a hard bottom carrycot so that I can use it downstairs when at home, and same as you a side by side double will just be a nightmare to manoeuvre imo

KLou1105 Mon 31-Aug-15 20:07:08

Also does anyone know if you can get the egg in a double with pushair and carry cot

Gotosleep123 Mon 31-Aug-15 20:40:30

DD was 23 months when DS was born. We got an Oyster max. It's fab! Pricey but can use as a single after DD no longer needs it. You can add whatever combination of seats, carrycots and car seats that suit you. We just brought the basic top seat as it's suitable for newborns and when our eldest needs the pram too, the baby goes in the car seat at the bottom. He can be swopped back to the top if necessary or put in a sling so he's not in the car seat too long.

Buttercup27 Mon 31-Aug-15 20:43:21

Britax side by side double is fantastic! Had mine nearly 2 years now and use it most days. In all of that time I have not found a door I could not fit through.
You can sit a car seat on top. It had huge hoods and great pockets.
There is 20 months between mu children (although ds2 didn't walk until 23 months) so a good double wad a must.
Would definitely recommend.

jaffajiffy Mon 31-Aug-15 20:49:05

We've just bought the baby jogger City select ready for ds2 coming in a week or so. Ds1 is 29 months and an erratic walker. It looks ok as a single pushchair as well if ds1 decides to be a champion walker. Can do car seat and any seat (parent-facing etc) combinations really. Can't say what it's actually like in practice yet though!

NigellaFlawsome Thu 03-Sep-15 19:41:26

Baby Jogger City Select is good, easy to manoeuvre apart from being a bit heavy going up kerbs at times. Lots of combinations with car seat, carrycot and second seat. I bought the buggy board too which DD1 now loves so use it mostly as a single these days.

Racheyg Fri 04-Sep-15 12:20:06

ds1 was 22 months when ds2 born. Although he is a very good walker, like you lo he will run off and grab everything in sight. We had a uppababy for ds1 but the rumble seat didnt look comfy so brought a icandy peach blossom. would highly recommend.

christinawatts55 Wed 09-Sep-15 12:44:18

the icandy peach is a really good double pushchair, i love it! you can also use it in single mode, it only needs these adapter things to create a double, really easy to use, i think it would be ideal. plus if you're looking for style it looks great! i originally got it because i saw a pic of becks with it, he so cool, bet icandy loved seeing that pic lol!

quesadillas6 Wed 09-Sep-15 12:51:56

Uppababy Vista?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now