Birthday Party Snub

(4 Posts)
RosieLeeTea10 Fri 31-Jul-15 22:32:21

I'm feeling a bit upset and think maybe I'm being over sensitive. My son turns five soon and I've invited about 20 of his friends to celebrate with him I can't invite all the class as its too expensive I've known one of his friends mum since he was born we are not particularly close but have always got on well or so I thought when we see each other outside the school gates we always chat anyway I invited her son to come to my sons party unfortunately they can't make it as they are busy and I have also invited her younger son to my daughters party which they did attend I have since found out she is holding a party for her son and my son is not invited I feel quite hurt by this am I being over sensitive?

UrethraFranklin1 Fri 31-Jul-15 22:37:21

Yes, you are. You're not inviting everyone and neither is she.

(also full stops? wink )

Iliveinalighthousewiththeghost Sun 02-Aug-15 22:23:47

No you're not being over sensitive. You invited her ds so it is not unreasonable to expect an invite returned. Yes I know all that you don't give to receive but in the real world you do.
Anyway your son isn't short of a jelly or s party bag is he. Let her stick her party where the son doesn't shine,
However I will say this and you may not like it but how do you think the parents of the children you left out of your ds party feel. I mean say if there are I don't know 25 in a class. Do you not think it was a tad bit mean to 5 children without an invite.
Yes I get expense but what is a few more cakes and jellies or you could have just invited a smaller number

Mehitabel6 Sun 02-Aug-15 22:27:10

If they are not particular friends then it isn't surprising that he wasn't invited.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now