just a moan - time off work again!

(3 Posts)
inamaymaybewrong Tue 23-Jun-15 08:19:21

I had a (2nd) miscarriage on 12 June which meant I took last week off work. I luckily didn't need any time off work with the first one as I only
work part-time. But this one was later and was emotionally harder too. I was set to return to work today but yesterday poor DS (nearly 3) got about 5 spots which are 99% chicken pox, so he can't go to nursery for at least the next few days. We have no alternative childcare. One set of grandparents are 4 hrs away, and the others, although more local, are elderly and unwell. I'm so frustrated! My employer is pretty understanding but I feel so bad about all the timing. DH has a very busy week with lots of external meetings and no-one to cover them, so he can't have time off. Grrrr....!! That's all!!

Newtobecomingamum Tue 23-Jun-15 08:44:29

So sorry to hear about your loss flowers

In relation to your employer and taking time off,.. Do not feel guilty it's been for genuine reasons. At the end of the day your health and that of your child comes first.

Sounds like your employer is understanding. Don't worry about it x

Imeg Tue 23-Jun-15 17:26:38

I'm sorry to hear about your miscarriages, hope you have supportive friends and family.
I missed three out of my first four days back at work (I work two days a week) because I had to take my toddler to a hospital appointment miles away so that took all day, and then I was ill the next week and missed both days. I've been very very lucky that he hasn't been ill on nursery days so far, but if (when....) he is and can't go I will have to take time off work as we also don't have anyone else to help out, and husband's job is ultimately more important than mine as he earns a lot more. I don't think there's a magic solution, it's just one of those things about having children.
I'm sure your boss and colleagues will know you and if you're generally a conscientious and hard-working person they will know you would be at work if you could.
Hope the chickenpox clears up soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now