Balance bikes?

(7 Posts)
Pocket1 Mon 08-Jun-15 08:34:34

What ages are these good for? Thanks in advance smile

SpottyTeacakes Mon 08-Jun-15 08:38:31

I think most are from age 3 but ds is 2.5 and flies around on his!

Piffpaffpoff Mon 08-Jun-15 08:40:05

My two both got them for their 2nd birthday, probably really got the hang of them about 2.5 and then got tiny proper bikes for their 3rd birthdays which they took to immediately.

If you can afford the initial outlay, get Islabikes. Not only are they super light, the resale value of them is so high, we sold ours for about £40 less than we paid for it, meaning cost per child per bike - £20 each!

elpth Mon 08-Jun-15 08:40:24

My daughter was on one at 18 months. Took a couple of days of me holding the back a little bit before she got the hang of it. Then she learnt to glide and after that we had to run to keep up! Now she's super speedy (2y 5m) and I can only keep up if I'm on my own bike, especially as I'm 39 weeks pregnant!
Balance bikes are great.

HamishBamish Mon 08-Jun-15 10:04:35

Balance bikes are great, easily the best toy we have ever purchased for our 2 DC. They both were on pedal bikes before they were 3 and the transition couldn't have been easier.

Both ours were on them from around 2, but I think they would have been fine earlier if their legs had been long enough. We had a Likeable Jumper which was great. I second the suggestion of an Islabike though. We have invested in the pedal bikes and they do have a very good re-sale value if you look after them.

BlueChampagne Mon 08-Jun-15 13:21:42

We have found Ridgebacks very good, and not as expensive as Islabikes!

Pocket1 Tue 09-Jun-15 14:24:29

Absolutely brilliant. Thanks so much. Now dd will be getting one for her 2nd birthday next month. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now