Baking with a 2.5 year old

(6 Posts)
RockinMumma Thu 04-Jun-15 22:50:42

I'm planning on baking with my toddler this weekend. Does anyone have any cupcake recipes I could try. smile

Picklesauage Sat 06-Jun-15 18:04:52

4oz flour
4oz butter
4oz sugar (caster)
2 eggs.
Tsp baking powder

-Beat together butter and sugar

-Add in flour, eggs and baking powder.

-I add in a splash of vanilla essence too. Bug that's only if you have it.

-Put into cupcake cases.

-Bake 180 degrees for 11-16 minutes

Also look up oaty biscuits recipe on Netmums. I find it's really good and easy to make with toddler. You can chuck other stuff in too (Apple, raisins, choc chips, smarties etc). I dont tend to make it into biscuits. I just squash it into a traybake tin and make flapjacks.

UniversalTruth Sat 06-Jun-15 21:29:47

My 2.5yr old DS loves baking which is stressful and messy great smile. Last time, we made pickle's cupcakes exactly (although I weigh the eggs and then that is the weight needed of flour/butter/sugar). The bit he best enjoyed was decorating - icing sugar with water then sprinkles, lots of sprinkles! I find I have to constantly remind about not being able to eat them straight away though.

AmyElliotDunne Sat 06-Jun-15 22:23:30

I used to take dd to cooking classes which she loved. It meant she got to enjoy baking and someone else cleared up the mess!

I found she enjoyed the recipes where she could get her hands in it, rubbing fat into flour eg scones, scone-based pizzas etc. Pastry was generally a disaster as it requires a light touch and toddlers with rolling pins don't really understand gentle rolling!

myneighbourtotoro2 Sat 06-Jun-15 22:36:41

Not cupcakes but there'd be loads of hands on stuff for your dc to do and fifteens are great.

http://www.nigella.com/recipes/view/fifteens-3308

AlohaMama Mon 08-Jun-15 17:38:27

Not recipes as such but unless your DC has great concentration I'd make sure all ingredients are measured out beforehand. In my experience until they are a bit older they just want to get on with mixing and eating smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now