Vomiting

(7 Posts)
2oz Tue 02-Jun-15 22:58:55

My DD is 23 weeks old and for the past half an hour has been really projectile vomiting sad so bad that she's gipping and it's just bile coming out she won't have any milk.

I'm really worried. I may be overreacting but she's so tiny, she's still little she was only 4lb 13 at term so she's just a tiny tot it's really awful to watch.

Should I ring OOH or take her to GP? Or is it just one of those things?

thatsn0tmyname Tue 02-Jun-15 23:04:15

Giving her lots of fluids will keep the vomiting going (although some might advise this gives a better chance of getting fluids into her). I hate vomit so we syringe in small volumes of dioralyte made up with cooled boiled water. 15ml per 15 mins should help her keep the fluids down. Calpol comes with a syringe.

2oz Tue 02-Jun-15 23:11:32

Thankyou. I will try that, thanks for replying. I hate vomit aswell, I feel so bad for her sad

thatsn0tmyname Wed 03-Jun-15 16:52:24

Hi 2oz. I hope she's on the mend, the washing is under control and there's wine in the fridge. X

thatsn0tmyname Wed 03-Jun-15 16:57:01

Hi 2oz. I hope she's on the mend, the washing is under control and there's wine in the fridge. X

2oz Wed 03-Jun-15 22:54:36

Hi thatsn0tmyname. After a very, very rough night with her dry heaving and not accepting any fluid or vomiting them back up and a lethargic baby this morning and not a single wet nappy for 13 hours I decided to take her to the GP. He just thinks a bug but to keep an eye on her fluids which I have been and she's keeping more down now although only having 1oz or so an hour.

Wine will certainly be on the cards tomorrow night! wink thanks for asking x

puddymuddles Fri 05-Jun-15 22:35:22

Vom bug going round. My 2 year old DD had it. At least you can syringe some fluid down her wheras my toddler would hit me and tell me to go away and for a whole day drank nothing. I would have taken her to doctor but the next day did have some fluids. Took nearly a week for her to be completely better and back to usual energy levels. Horrible bug, hope your little one better now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now