ERF seats, will a Joie stages fit...

(9 Posts)
CakeMakesMeHappy Thu 28-May-15 20:05:05

In my VW polo? Very keen to get an ERF seat but not convinced that my seat belts are long enough.

If not, can you recommend another ERF seat?

Imeg Thu 28-May-15 20:48:25

I don't know anything about the Joie one but I have a Britax 2-way elite which fits in my small 2-door car. I was advised that this was the most flexible rear-facing seat which would also fit my husband's car which has short seatbelt buckles. The VW Polo is on the list of cars it is supposed to fit in the instruction leaflet (haven't spent ages looking this up in case you think I have too much time on my hands - I got the leaflet out recently so it is lying around!). It has tethering straps which are a bit of a pain when swapping the seat between cars but now that I've got the hang of it I'm pretty speedy with them.

CakeMakesMeHappy Thu 28-May-15 22:24:32

That's great, thank you! Will get on Google now and have a look.

Siennasun Thu 28-May-15 22:33:56

Have you got isofix? We've got the Britax DualFix. I think that it goes in a Polo.

CakeMakesMeHappy Thu 28-May-15 22:55:31

We haven't at the moment, I was hoping to stick with one that belts in so that we can easily move it between cars if needs be - though that (and my very short seatbelts) seems to be limiting my options. Might have to look into isofix as the car has the bits it needs.

Roseybee10 Fri 29-May-15 03:58:50

The joie wouldn't fit in my mums Ibiza and that's the same chassis as the polo but the seatbelts were very short.
I have a Hauck varioguard in my car (isofix) and a joie stages in hubby's Volvo.
The varioguard is fairly easy to move between cars.

fourlegstwolegs Fri 29-May-15 12:31:25

I understood the Joie Stages failed miserably on the Which safety tests...
Klippan Triofix fits in most cars.

CakeMakesMeHappy Fri 29-May-15 18:56:26

I had read that that was an older model and that the new one was considerably better?

CakeMakesMeHappy Fri 29-May-15 18:57:06

Thank you though, I will definitely check that!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now