follow on milk & sleep

(5 Posts)
excitedforbaba Tue 26-May-15 13:42:42

Hi

Dd 6 months had been sleeping through the night (11 hours) from 7/8 weeks. She has been getting spoon feeds from about 16 weeks but has only in the last 2 weeks moved on to the 6month follow on formula.

I'm not sure if this is a coincidence or not but every night from she started on the follow on she has woken somewhere between midnight & 2am for a feed.

Has anyone else had this happen? Is follow on milk necessary or can she stay on the first formula along with 3 spoon feeds a day for another while

Thanks

dementedpixie Tue 26-May-15 13:44:58

No, follow on milk isn't necessary as they can stick with first milk for the whole of the first year

excitedforbaba Tue 26-May-15 14:15:38

Thank you pixie I'm getting such conflicting advice from HVs here. Will revert back to first milk and see if this makes a difference as she's getting plenty of vits & iron in her spoon fee

dementedpixie Tue 26-May-15 14:20:12

www.nhs.uk/conditions/pregnancy-and-baby/pages/types-of-infant-formula.aspx - nhs says first milk is fine for the first year

I only switched as follow on was cheaper not because of any supposed benefits

excitedforbaba Wed 27-May-15 10:56:32

Not sure if it was just a coincidence but gave Dd a bottle with 1st milk formula before bed and she slept from 8.30pm - 7.30 am still quite restless for dummy so while she is fresh as a daisy this morning same can't be said for me!

Now to try not to get my hopes up for the same again tonight hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now