Advice needed please

(6 Posts)
Enaj30 Fri 15-May-15 20:37:23

First time mum + worrier = paranoid alert!

My son is 17 weeks old tomorrow and smiles lots, he's even given the odd giggle which was gorgeous! But a lot of the time when I talk and act silly he makes all the faces of a giggle but nothing comes out (as you can see by the picture) I just wondered if this is normal and will he start gigging more soon?

Thanks in advance!

MrsBojingles Fri 15-May-15 22:30:26

My daughter is 8 months and squeels with excitement but never really giggles (deff nothing wrong with her). They all develop in different ways, no need to worry!

CoffeeAndBiscuitsPlease Fri 15-May-15 23:53:34

My daughter does it all the time, she is 16 weeks. She smiles all the time, but laughing is a trial! If I bounce her up and down in my arms until my arms drop off, she will eventually laugh, but otherwise she does a laughing face and nothing comes out.

They are still learning to do things that aren't just crying smile

TigerFeat Fri 15-May-15 23:58:16

My daughter didn't properly laugh till she was about 15 months.

She's 11 and is a right giggler now!

squizita Sat 16-May-15 11:34:32

My baby doesnt do the cute giggle. If they have the response to stimulus and muscle tone to react/laugh all is well.

My baby guffaws. confused

Enaj30 Sat 16-May-15 12:32:34

Thanks all.

So no need to worry squizita?! He laughs in his facial features the actual sounds just doesn't come out much!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now