Baby's First laughs - how and when?

(11 Posts)
Ticktick Wed 06-May-15 10:15:21

Trying to get my 11 wk old boy to laugh. We've got close a few times but we are still waiting for that magic moment.. So I wondered when did your baby laugh and what was it that caused it?

Buglife Wed 06-May-15 10:46:19

8-9 weeks, being bounced manically on his fathers knee while he sang very loudly and shouted 'bump bump bump!' Intense physical activity seemed to do it, as well as going 'beep beeeeep' a lot while alternating tapping each of his hands. It had to be physical and over the top and loud and very very smiley to get a giggle out! Just visual stuff alone wouldn't cut it as funny for a while. He's always been quite a giggler though, my friends daughter was a more serious character for longer but is as giggly now.

Pandapickle100 Wed 06-May-15 12:46:55

At around 12/13 weeks.... Uncontrollable giggles over me rustling a plastic carrier bag.... Funniest thing on the planet apparently... Managed to capture it on my phone which was such a stroke of luck!

AbbeyRoadCrossing Wed 06-May-15 12:50:59

Oh my....over 7 months here blush maybe I'm not that funny

Roseybee10 Wed 06-May-15 14:21:22

12 weeks (last week). Me impersonating her sister puking by saying blaaaaaah. Hysterical giggles

squizita Wed 06-May-15 17:36:17

4 months. DH's face. grin Poor fella.

purplemurple1 Wed 06-May-15 19:34:59

DS was 6 weeks when I lent over him for something so my face was upside down he still likes this type of situational humour.

DD around 10 weeks when getting her dressed although I don't know what exactly is making her giggle, she is 14 weeks now.

RevoltingPeasant Fri 08-May-15 23:55:32

Waking up to see the sunshine when we had that spell of gorgeous weather a few weeks since. Probably about 9-10 weeks.

Today, it's been me playing horsey with her, me blowing raspberries at her, me doing sit ups with her on my pelvis, and also DH.

She has quite a deep bark of a laugh, too, which is hilarious as she is only on the 2nd centile (15 weeks and just over 10lbs), and it's so funny to hear it coming out of thus tiny baby grin

Linguini Sat 09-May-15 17:21:50

DS was around 18 weeks, Daddy had picked him up in the morning and did a bouncy bit in the bed. Quite unexpected hilarity !
He first laughed with me a couple weeks later, i was holding him and leaned into the mirror with big smily face. He still finds this funny!

He also finds it hilarious when I eat an apple.

LetThereBeCupcakes Mon 11-May-15 11:28:09

DS is now 2 - struggling to remember exactly when, but it was the sight of his own feet that got him going. hmm

NinjaLeprechaun Mon 11-May-15 11:37:10

My daughter's 19, so I obviously can't remember exactly when it was, I'd guess 6-8 weeks. But I know that she laughed because her dad and I were laughing, rather than laughing at anything.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now