flying after 8 week vaccinations?

(3 Posts)
nk1605 Wed 29-Apr-15 12:21:41

dp and i are trying to plan a weekend trip to see his family next month, which will include a short flight. thing is, dd is due her 8 week vaccinations 2 days before we were hoping to go. would it be wise to postpone our trip in case she is unwell after them?

Latium123 Fri 01-May-15 19:50:17

I guess you will not know how your baby will react to the vaccinations until after she has had them. All babies react differently. As far as I understand it most have only mild symptoms on the day of the immunisations. It is unusual for them to have a bad reaction although it can happen. Some can have a mild fever and / or a local reaction - lump / redness at the site of the injection.

Mine had only a bit of grumpiness and a local reaction of a sore leg on the day. I would have been absolutely fine to go on a flight a couple of days after. I think it would be unusual for a baby to have such a bad reaction that they are unwell two days later but there may be someone who will tell you otherwise.

geekymommy Mon 04-May-15 17:12:14

We took a long flight a day or two after DD had her two month shots. It went fine. She was fussy immediately after the shots, but that cleared up by the next day.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now