filter question about tommee tippee perfect prep

(6 Posts)
lexyloub Fri 24-Apr-15 16:53:07

Does a light come on when the filter needs changing?
When I take the lid of mine I always keep it topped up to the most water I can fit in but it doesn't all seem to filter through, there's never more than half of filtered water read to use. Does this seem normal? Am I doing something wrong? I've been using it 6 weeks and currently making 6oz feeds 5x a day

Amummyatlast Fri 24-Apr-15 17:43:14

It sounds normal to me, in that the water in ours never fully filtered through unless we didn't top up for a while. Yes, the light does come on when the filter needs changing. Our first filter lasted longer that it supposed lifespan, but did eventually need changing.b

FromAtoZ Fri 24-Apr-15 21:03:31

Yea sounds just like mine.

This machines are a god send!

OriginalHugsy Fri 24-Apr-15 21:07:07

Yes that was the same for us. The filter lasts longer than 3 months too. I used to worry it didn't flash to be changed but it says 3 months based on 5 or 6 9oz feeds a day and we was only on 5 bottles at 6/7 oz a day until we stopped using it. Best baby thing I ever bought!

Pandapickle100 Fri 24-Apr-15 21:07:14

In case you didn't know, the filter light comes on when filter needs changing but once you have changed the filter the light will stay on until you manually turn it off - it won't automatically go off once the new filter has been fitted as you might expect. I wasted 2 filters before I realized this. Fab product. Except for this glitch!

TESSYFEWTRELL Wed 16-Nov-16 08:03:25

just wanted to shed some light on the perfect prep filter light. The light comes on automatically after 3 months of the machine being on. This doesn't take into consiteration your usage in those 3 months. The guidelines is based on 9 ounces 6 times a day for 3 months. After which the filter will not be at is optimum. If you use the machine far less than this then just apply the logice and you'll know when to change it yourself as opposed to adhering to these guidelines which are hardwired into the machine

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now