Biting baby

(8 Posts)
Colchestergal Mon 01-Sep-14 15:38:16

My DS is 9 months and has become a biter. He is EBF and I initially thought he was doing it as he wanted feeding but recently he does it right after solids.

He doesn't bite my nipple, but my shoulder, legs or arms. I can be holding him or he is on the floor playing and he leans in and nips!!!

Is this just a phase?

QTPie Mon 01-Sep-14 16:37:35

DS used to do this - I am pretty sure it was teething related (irritated teeth, slightly feeling better when sunk into flesh sad ).

I used to say a firm "no" and move him away from me.

DS didn't do it often, but was annoying when he did (had a few "waves" of it).

loudarts Mon 01-Sep-14 16:41:24

My ssh (almost 9 month) bites while feeding. Now that hurts

loudarts Mon 01-Sep-14 16:41:34

Ds even

NorahBone Mon 01-Sep-14 22:18:11

My 10mo thinks teeth are involved in blowing raspberries. Having blown raspberries on him at every opportunity since he was born I'd now feel mean if I stopped him taking revenge, but I've no idea why he thinks it needs so much slobber and teeth. confused
Could your son be trying to blow raspberries?!

wheresthelight Tue 02-Sep-14 12:38:41

at the risk of getting ridiculously flamed I would find a way of showing him that it hurts. my dd has just turned 1 and has only has teeth for about 6 weeks but has a thing about nipping. I think it is just a stage where they are investigating what these things in their mouths are/do. dd has a thing about putting her fingers in my mouth and playing with my teeth so I very gently close my teeth around her fingers so when she pulls them out they catch on my teeth, it doesn't hurt her but she doesn't like it and after 2-3 times of doing it she has stopped biting me

Marmiteandjamislush Wed 03-Sep-14 09:22:49

I always did sharp squeal and 'drop' Whenever they bit, I'd squeal, not a play squeal and put them down quickly. No eye contact. They'd cry, as they didn't like being 'left' and learned not to do it again. Eventually

Colchestergal Wed 03-Sep-14 15:39:56

Thanks for all the suggestions etc.

Hopefully it is just a phase and it will pass?! wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now