Joint webchat with Conservative and Labour housing minister and shadow housing minister, MONDAY 2 MARCH 1pm x

Experience of Consultant Led at Cwm Taf Health Board or UHW?

(2 Posts)
Chll Mon 01-Sep-14 12:44:42

Hi there
I'm currently 12 weeks pregnant and as I'm consultant led I need to decide which health board to receive care under. Has anyone had any recent experience of the consultant led care at the Royal Glamorgan, Prince Charles or Heath hospitals? I've read the reviews on here but they all appear to be quite dated.

I was previously midwife led but required an unexpected emergency CS at the Royal Glamorgan in 2013. It was a very traumatic experience as my DD was stillborn.

As my current pregnancy will be closely monitored and I'll need lots of reassurance I was hoping someone could suggest a consultant or unit that has provided them with good care during the pregnancy, birth and after the birth? I'm having an elective C-Section and would like my OH to be able to stay with me as much as possible.

Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Wailywailywaily Mon 01-Sep-14 12:48:52

I was at the heath but it was 5 years ago so not sure how relavent any more. The consultant midwife there was excellent, very helpful and happy to discuss options and evidence. I did not have cs.

Good luck thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now