3 week old with trapped wind.

(10 Posts)
Mango92 Mon 01-Sep-14 04:29:02

My son doesn't give up his wind easily.
Some days we have no problems and other days he just holds on to it and it results in either a projectile vomit across myself or my front room or some really painful bottom burps.
No bowel movement with them either, just some really noisy wind that bothers him for hours before it shifts.

Any way I can get it moving more quickly so it's not sitting in his gut and hurting him?
We have tried in facilities with mixed results.

Mango92 Mon 01-Sep-14 04:29:31

Infacol **
not in facilities. lol

RRRJ83 Mon 01-Sep-14 04:44:06

I have this with my ds, we have recently been shown the I love you massage. Maybe ask your hv on next visit to show you. Seems effective for us. Also, gripe water, but that has to be used from a month onwards. The least the gripe water will do is take away the discomfort x

RRRJ83 Mon 01-Sep-14 04:45:13

Also, it might seem uncomfortable for him, but my hv said its not painful.

purplemurple1 Mon 01-Sep-14 05:31:39

What position do you use for winding him?
Mine favoured leaning forward with my hand on his belly holding up his chin and rubbing his back in circles (as he got bigger I leant him against my leg).
A warn bath and / or sleeping with his head raised might help as well.

purplemurple1 Mon 01-Sep-14 05:33:52

Also are you on formula or bf?
Aptimal is meant to be quite gentle might be worth trying, I didn't as I live abroad and it's not available here.

McFox Mon 01-Sep-14 06:40:15

Our DS was the same and we've had fantastic results with colief, he's like a different baby. It reduces the lactase content in the milk and can be used whether you are bf or ff. Its expensive (£12 a bottle) but can be prescribed if you can show it works. We're weaning DS off of it now at 12 weeks and so far so good.

kiki0202 Mon 01-Sep-14 08:35:32

Gripe water, infacol or colief different things work with diff kids my mum n sister swore by infacol but didn't work for DS so we used colief. There are certain baby massage techniques that are good too.

Mummytobe81 Mon 01-Sep-14 09:03:30

If you are bottle feeding then you could try the dr brown bottles too they have worked quite well for us x

Lovelise Mon 01-Sep-14 12:54:36

Hi, my LO is 18 weeks and we gave her infacol before each feed from birth.

We also used Tommee Tippee anti colic bottles (not sure how effective these were but we gave them a go).

Also, when she hadn't had a poo in a couple of days we cycled her legs (like she was riding a little bicycle) which helped to get things moving.

I hope things improve soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now