Is it normal to feel like you can't think straight?

(9 Posts)
superstarheartbreaker Wed 06-Aug-14 21:35:40

When the kids are around and being hectic, demanding and winging? I just feel so worn out all the time and I find it hard to think straight and/ or retain much information.

CorporateRockWhore Wed 06-Aug-14 21:38:50

Yes! When there's too much noise, chaos, whining, giggling, tantrumming, 'muuuuuuuum' I just cannot think straight. That's usually when I order everyone out of the kitchen so I can get on with stuff. Argh!

ColdFeetWarmHeart Wed 06-Aug-14 21:41:42

I feel like this at the moment - i think a lot of it is to do with lack of sleep! When I'm not well rested I feel that I am constantly juggling (and dropping all the balls). I am really tired today (up early to do lots of cleaning before house viewings) - have found myself talking utter jibberish this afternoon. I have now found a glass of malibu, so at least I have an excuse now!

BikeRunSki Wed 06-Aug-14 21:42:47

Yes

Yep. Sometimes this place feels like a zoo and I only have two DCs. So hard to think.

Mumof3xox Wed 06-Aug-14 21:54:52

Sleep is the answer try and get at least a couple of early nights a week

Yes I often go from one room to the next and wonder why im in there. I tend to drift away when having a conversation wander aimously round the supermarket with dd thinking wtf did I come here for. I think im losing it!

BellMcEnd Wed 06-Aug-14 22:03:59

Yes.

Sorry, what did you ask again?

grin

superstarheartbreaker Wed 06-Aug-14 22:35:55

Ok , so not just me then! Haha. I do think my baby brain will be with me forever more. I'm sure I booked my cat into the kennels but apparently it didn't happen. Luckily my cm will feed him but I feel so dozy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now