How can I manage my 7 year old dd's emotional peaks?

(5 Posts)
butteredfly Tue 05-Aug-14 19:26:39

She can be very sensitive and when she gets upset she gets very angry. This can be particularly difficult when she has a playdate and they fall out and my daughter behaves in a way that can be quite horrible. I need some help on how to deal with this as I don't know that I'm doing a very good job at the moment.

SugarPlumpFairy3 Tue 05-Aug-14 20:38:53

I'll be watching with interest as my dd, also 7 is having the same troubles. I'm not handling it too well here either!

It seems that once she's on a 'track' she finds it hard (pretty impossible actually) to stop herself and be rational.

butteredfly Wed 06-Aug-14 07:21:36

Bumping for the morning.

I laid into my dd quite hard yesterday for being horrible to a friend. Not sure I helped the situation one iota but I was so embarrassed by her behaviour! I said I didn't want people talking to other people like that in my house. Which I don't. But she finds it difficult to control, so perhaps I need to try and enable her to find other ways rather than just telling her off?

Theyaremysunshine Wed 06-Aug-14 14:47:27

My kids are younger but I was looking for a book on anxiety the other day and this one on what to do to control your temper (aimed at kids) looked v good. Don't know if it would be of any help to you and your dd.

butteredfly Wed 06-Aug-14 16:44:29

Thanks, that looks good. Wonder how she'd feel about it. But worth a try definitely - thanks again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now