What drinks does your 18 month old have?

(30 Posts)
Paddingtonthebear Wed 16-Apr-14 07:43:52

DD only has water and milk. Everywhere I go I see similar age or younger toddlers with juice. I haven't given DD squash as I thought it was considered unhealthy and that water is best. Should I be offering her something more exciting than water??

Oly4 Wed 16-Apr-14 14:46:42

Water, milk, sugar free very dilute squash on occasion, or diluted fresh apple juice for 2 year old. I tried just milk and water up to 18 months but he's never been a lover of either. If I mix up what he has now, I find he has no problem drinkin water or milk at other times. I have no problem with sugar free squash, I've read the research and I'm not convinced of the health risks. Also, my type 1 diabetic mother has lived off sweeteners for donkeys years with no ill effects so I'm happy

slightlyconfused85 Wed 16-Apr-14 20:32:01

17mo just water and milk.

dashoflime Wed 16-Apr-14 20:34:23

DS (20 months) has milk, water, juice, diluted smoothie, squash.
I think he has more variety in his drinks than in his food, the fussy little bugger.
Milk and water is fine though- very healthy.

Thurlow Wed 16-Apr-14 20:36:16

At 18mo just water and milk. Now at 25mo slightly more fruit juice, especially those little cartons. Maybe a couple of times a week. No need to push anything else if they're happy.

WrongendoftheSTIX Fri 18-Apr-14 22:05:33

Water and milk. As pp have said don't give squash for as long as possible to save their teeth from unnecessary attack.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now