Help me!!

(8 Posts)
IShallCallYouSquishy Fri 04-Apr-14 19:27:14

DH is away and I have a 6 week old and a 22.5 month old. Toddler been put to bed normal bedtime routine, bath story, cuddle and song. She's screaming her head off for "cuddles" and the baby needs BFing.

How do people manage?

I'm feeding baby and then every 5 minutes going back to her to lay her down and say its bedtime.

I'm trying so hard to keep it together but I'm getting upset myself which doesn't help. Some one tell me how they manage it please.

Dogonabeanbag Fri 04-Apr-14 19:30:04

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Bedsheets4knickers Fri 04-Apr-14 19:30:39

Can you feed the baby in her room while she settles ??

IShallCallYouSquishy Fri 04-Apr-14 19:34:04

Bloody hell it's always the obvious solution!

Why didn't I think of something so simple as feeding DS in her room?! She calms down the minute I go in there so just wants me there.

Sometimes all it takes is someone to point out the obvious.

Now sat on her floor BFing DS!

Thank you for pointing out the obvious to me sleep deprived brain!

Bedsheets4knickers Fri 04-Apr-14 21:59:02

Oh your very welcome nothing's obvious under stress. I've been there don't you worry x

Beccawoo Sat 05-Apr-14 22:03:29

You'll be fine squishy, my ds and dd are about the same age gap, except my exh

Beccawoo Sat 05-Apr-14 22:05:44

Oops, sorry!
.... My exh walked out on us when dd was 3 weeks old, so I've brought up two kids on my own, full time. They are now 4 and 2! There are some tough times when you've not enough hands and that is a close age gap but you'll be fine! Hope your dh is back soon to help you out and give you some breathing space. Xx

DrowningOnSchoolRun Sat 05-Apr-14 22:07:55

Could you put everyone in your bed for the night? One on each side of you. Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now