Food for toddler

(9 Posts)
Bluebell55 Fri 04-Apr-14 10:58:17

I have a 22 month old was preparing a chicken for the family was on automatic minced 3 cloves of garlic with little salt and butter and put it under the skin of the chicken. Am figuring now that i have added it I won't be able to use any parts of the chicken for her? sad thanks for advice mums

odyssey2001 Fri 04-Apr-14 11:23:15

Why not? Is she a vampire? Children need flavour and seasoning too.

Gen35 Fri 04-Apr-14 11:34:43

Dd loves garlic, has done for ages. Only a bit of salt is fine and just give chicken away from immediately under the skin if worried?

Bluebell55 Fri 04-Apr-14 11:35:04

smile fair point was thinking of the salt but wasn't all that much really

If you think it's a bit salty just give her extra to drink, but it sounds fine anyway smile

A chicken stock cube mixed with a bit olive oil and rubbed under or on is lovely too.

Bluebell55 Fri 04-Apr-14 11:58:40

Thanks for the advice and recipe tips smile assume the same principle applies to using bistro gravy granules just water it down to its not to salty. Hard to find low salt ones.

I think most things are fine in moderation or watered dowm etc. It's just being carefull what they are having fro the rest of that day that's makes a difference.

i.e. Dont have salty chicken the same day that you have given them crisps or salty crackers, salami, cheese, Marmite and olives grin

Mutley77 Fri 04-Apr-14 12:27:50

I thought that it was NO added salt under 1, then obviously in moderation, but I am sure from 1 onwards my children ate similar to us and while I never purposefully add salt to their food (nor do they at the table) I use it regularly in cooking.

ikeaismylocal Fri 04-Apr-14 19:53:57

I thought the same as mutley I avoided salt until ds was 1 but now his favorite food is olives. We never add salt to his meals once they are on his plate (we don't add salt to our own meals either) and we don't give him crisps or ready made food but he eats the same food as us.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now