Join us at Workfest for expert advice on kickstarting your career ×

What is this? Help me work it out as my HV didn't help!

(11 Posts)
Chocoholism Thu 03-Apr-14 19:03:59

Now I imagine this is all normal but I need someone with experience to tell me so and if any tips one advice.
4 month old DD, almost certain teething as dribbling badly, loves sucking teething ring hands etc
. Bowel movements

Chocoholism Thu 03-Apr-14 19:05:27

Silly phone

Bowel movements slowed to every 2/3 days
Loss of apetite
Not napping well
Waking early and wanting feed to settle her back to sleep

Generally seems ok In herself, no temp

wheresthelight Thu 03-Apr-14 19:39:53

Sounds like she might be coming down with a virus - cold maybe? Try giving her water or weak juice -few sips every 15-20 mins to keep her fluid up. If she isn't eating then she won't be pooping so don't worry toobmuch about that at the moment.

My dd started teething like you describe at 8 weeks and she still has no teeth at 33 weeks! But some of it will just be learning what her mouth is for iyswim?

If she has no temp then I wouldn't fret too much but if she stops weeing as much then get her straight to gp!!

Hope that helps

Quinandthem Thu 03-Apr-14 19:48:26

Why would you give water or weak juice to a 4 month old?

Keep offering milk - boob or bottle to keep hydrated.

Could try cold teething toys and teething gels to see if that helps with the chewing / dribbling.

My dd gets really acidic runny poos when teething.

Quinandthem Thu 03-Apr-14 19:50:52

The poor sleep could be that she's coming down with something or the start of the 4 month sleep regression. More info on sleep section here or google (I'd never heard of if before we hit it!).

wheresthelight Thu 03-Apr-14 19:52:49

Was the advice ibwas given by my gp when dd was that. Age as she had a horrific cold virus and wouldn't take milk at all so they advised water or juice to keep her hydrated

Chocoholism Thu 03-Apr-14 20:41:11

It's so strange, it's like she is a different baby this week. Does that happen?

BarbarianMum Thu 03-Apr-14 20:48:55

They do. But if you are worried, by all means ask the GP to give her a once over. Sounds like a maybe a virus plus teething to me. Could be just teething. Have you tried Calpol?

Chocoholism Thu 03-Apr-14 21:44:14

Wouldn't she have a temp if she had a virus? She's still drinking milk just not as much. Babies are confusing! Just when I feel I'm on top of it, she does something different. If she continues to lose interest in food I'll go see drs

wheresthelight Thu 03-Apr-14 21:54:15

No hun, infections come with temperatures normally but viruses often don't.

If you have surestart centres that run weight clinics then pop along to one tomorrow or ring your grand just ask for dd to be given the once over.

Babies are a bloody minefield!! My dd is 33 weeks tomorrow and I feel the same as you!! Just when I think I have figured out her cries/routine/habits she changes all her cues or alters her routine entirely and I have to start all over again!

wheresthelight Thu 03-Apr-14 21:54:38

Gp. Not grand!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now