What do u dress your baby in?

(31 Posts)
blondebaby111 Wed 26-Mar-14 11:52:23

I have a 10 week old and during the day if we are at home I just dress her in a sleep suit and put a different one on at nighttime. If we go out I then put on a nice little outfit. Just wondered Am I being lazy by doing this and not dressing her properly during the day. Also with summer coming up and warm nights what would u put your baby in during day and at night?? Xx

BrianButterfield Fri 28-Mar-14 16:28:21

I hate babygros - the poppers annoy me and they don't seem all that comfy (babies pull their legs up and get a bit tangled). I like cotton tops and leggings or a pinafore dress with soft tights for DD - still babyish and comfy but looks so lovely! And no cold gap if they have a vest on underneath.

Babygros in public is one of those things I read about on MN and never see in real life.

TheScience Fri 28-Mar-14 16:44:24

Vest, babygro, knitted cardi/hat - I don't do proper clothes/outfits until they are crawling and don't bother changing at bedtime unless dirty.

Lozcat86 Sat 29-Mar-14 21:51:52

DD is 22 weeks and wears babygros/sleep suits at night and clothes during the day and has done since we we brought her home from NICU at 3 weeks old. I don't think clothes/outfits are any more trouble to put on and off then babygros. I make sure the clothes are comfy and give her plenty of room.

wheresthelight Sat 29-Mar-14 23:07:40

dd was in clothes during the day from the morning after she was born. i wouldn't dream of going out in my PJ's so had no intention of taking her out in hers although i know plenty of people who do and would never judge anyone for doing so.

my only advice would be continue to change at night as it will form part of your bedtime routine. When DD has been poorly and I have kept her in a babygro becuase she was vomiting so often she hasn't settled very well at night as she hasn't gone through her routine of being dressed for bed iyswim

hickorychicken Sat 29-Mar-14 23:12:24

my 15 week old lives in babygrows unless going out-out, like meeting friends etc, its convenient, shes comfy and its less ironing grin
I started to dress Dd1 in real clothes about 6 months, when she was more active and it was more worth it, my dd1 is now impecibly dressed everywhere we go, we're not complete scruffs lol grin

BeQuicksieorBeDead Sat 29-Mar-14 23:22:42

My boy is twenty weeks and still usually in a baby grow. To start with I thought I should dress him up during the day, but for ages he looked alot more together than I did, I got fed up of being shown up by a newborn in his trendy cords and alpine knits, so now he is in supermarket grows!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now