outdoor toys for 2yr old

(11 Posts)
sharond101 Wed 12-Mar-14 22:02:01

Ds is 2 in May and I would like to get him something to play with outside. he has a little tikes car already and a swing.

sharond101 Wed 12-Mar-14 22:02:49

SHould have added, we bought a balance bike in a sale but thought that would be a bit old for him and might be better kept until Christmas?

ItsAllAboutSheldon Wed 12-Mar-14 22:04:16

Trampoline
Cubby house
Skuttle bug

HelenHen Wed 12-Mar-14 22:14:02

Sand and water table
Slide
Paddling pool

Sand pit is fantastic. Ideally one where the top can be filled with water to make a paddling pool. My 2 yo has had literally hours of play from hers.

lawnmower, wheelbarrow, digging set.

separationangst Sat 15-Mar-14 19:24:23

A rocking horse like this should be a hit.

NormHonal Sat 15-Mar-14 19:28:46

Get scouring eBay and local Facebook selling groups - with the good weather people will have been having a clear out of garden toys and you might be able to pick up some bundles of stuff. It's what we did.

Bedsheets4knickers Sat 15-Mar-14 19:32:16

Water table

MiaowTheCat Sat 15-Mar-14 19:55:59

Slide's the big hit with DD1 (just about 2) at the moment. She's still struggling a bit with the steps and moving from them to sitting down and I wish we had one of the cube type ones instead tbh but she's very cautious with gross motor skills stuff anyway.

Those plastic rocking horses someone mentioned as well.

I'm thinking of a decent sandpit with a good cover next for our house (we have a lot of outdoor stuff since I can't always get to the park). Skuttlebugs and stuff seem to be very dependent upon having a normal sized toddler... DD1 (and 2) are well well well off the top of the height charts and their legs would really be too long for 'em!

MiaowTheCat Sat 15-Mar-14 19:57:28

And yeah second hand either now before summer hits, or just at the start of the grotty weather in autumn definitely the way to go!

The pop up play tunnels are good as well - we got a set in Aldi with two tents linked by a tunnel last year. Granted you then have to get the fucking thing back in the packaging but that's the summer family fun for the parents isn't it?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now