Is it just me who feels guilty??

(7 Posts)
Snicci Wed 26-Feb-14 20:24:00

Or does anyone else feel they haven't spent enough time with their DC? sad

I have my DC everyday as still on Mat. leave but in the evenings I get overwhelmed with guilt, feeling like I haven't spent enough time with my DC!! This is stupid right?

I do play with her during the day when she's awake, take her walks, swimming etc but when I put her down in the evening I always feel I could have done more hmm I can't play all the time obviously as I need to do the housework, am I being silly or is this normal?

I feel asthough I am failing her. God knows how I will feel when I go back to work. My mum was over for a long weekend and I felt like I was failing her because she had her with her for 2 nights so I could get a good sleep and lie in.

Please tell me I am being stupid and this is normal. My mum and partner say I am being ridiculous but I can't shift these feelings confused

homeappliance Wed 26-Feb-14 20:46:25

I'm glad you posted this as I feel exactly the same in the evening. Now that my DS is at school (started in September) the guilt seems to get worse because I have even less time to play/ spend time with him and I feel guilty that my dd gets more attention than him now.

I must admit, I feel guilty about most things I do. I wish I could just relax and just enjoy being a mum.

nappyrat Wed 26-Feb-14 20:53:23

I sometimes think this, but actually I think it's important that dc learn to amuse themselves. And also important for them to see that there are other things mum has to do - like tidy up a bit, cook etc.

on the flip side, some days I feel perhaps I've been a bit too full on playing & singing & chatting etc all day long bar naps! that isn't really normal life is it!

It sounds to me like you're doing fine! Don't beat yourself up.grin

sharond101 Wed 26-Feb-14 22:04:06

It gets me too. I think it's worse because when others are spending time with him (GPs, Daddy) they don't have anything else to be doing yet we have housework, cooking, dog walking, grocery shoppping...... (Dad can help too I know!)

Snicci Wed 26-Feb-14 23:01:32

Thank god it's not just me!!

I know what you mean, trying to juggle getting all the housework done, clothes ironed, meals cooked, shopping done and getting quality time with DC can be difficult. Never se to get even 30mins to myself these days shock

mustardtomango Thu 27-Feb-14 16:48:00

I've just started to get this... Still on mat leave too. I've left him to do something in another room briefly, or been in the same room but occupied with something else, and I look up and his little face looks so unsure as to whether I'm interested in him (realise this is probably complete projection on my part). I can't even imagine how the bigger challenges are going to feel

dodi1978 Thu 27-Feb-14 17:01:07

OP ... I could have written this post and I am also still pn mat leave spending every minute of the day with DS...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now