What is wrong?

(5 Posts)
MatryoshkaDoll Wed 26-Feb-14 20:05:18

My six week old DD is inconsolable tonight and I don't know why.

She's fed, she's dry, she's the right temperature. But she keeps crying and can't be comforted. The only thing that helps is bouncing her in her bouncy chair.

Is this a six week growth spurt thing? Or should I maybe get her checked for silent reflux or something? She's normally pretty mellow. I'm really worried she's in pain and I can't tell.

TeaOperated Wed 26-Feb-14 20:30:38

Try feeding her again? The six week growth spurt means she could be super hungry... Until my (now 10 month old) was three months or so, unexplained tears were always hunger, no matter how sure I was she couldn't possibly be hungry.

Good luck!

BonaDea Wed 26-Feb-14 21:10:37

Agree. Feed her!!

MumbleJumbles Wed 26-Feb-14 21:22:08

Feed her til she completely conks out - I distinctly remember this phase with all 3 of my babies & it was hunger every time. Only problem is, the more milk she takes, the more colicky she may become, so plenty of burping required in between.

Oh, and don't be surprised if she goes from being unsettled / constantly feeding to being super snoozy in a few days - a growth spurt is usually followed by a period of catching up on sleep!

anothermrssmith Wed 26-Feb-14 22:28:38

Yup,sounds like the growth spurt to me as well,DD is 7 weeks old and just went through it. One night she had 10oz milk in 2 hours,usually she has 5oz every 4! Glad at over,gearing myself up for the next one!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now