Things going missing within the house - 16mo binning stuff?

(13 Posts)
InCiderMind Wed 26-Feb-14 07:36:33

Over the last 6 weeks since ds has started walking loads of random stuff has vanished. House keys, pair of baby shoes, hairbrush . . . even a cheque to name just a few things.

I have found a book of his in the bin, but otherwise not caught him in the act. He does have form for throwing things down the toilet.

Is it possible that he does this under my radar and that i dont notice and then put stuff on top of it?

Its getting bizarre.

My DS (14mo) likes to rearrange our possessions. We can usually locate the tv remotes inside the washing machine!
This morning I found a tin of sweet corn in the cats bed and a paint tester pot inside a saucepan inside a drawer!

You can get locks for toilet seat to keep thd kid down. Kiddicare sell them I think.

bakingtins Wed 26-Feb-14 07:42:50

Do you have a cat flap? We used to find little piles of stuff 'posted' through it. But otherwise quite possible that your child is 'tidying'!

InCiderMind Thu 27-Feb-14 07:20:21

Ah thanks for the replies. That settles it, it has to be him tidying.

minicc Thu 27-Feb-14 12:39:57

Google 'transporting schema'' if you get a minute!

Graciescotland Thu 27-Feb-14 13:00:23

I've learnt to keep the kitchen bin in the conservatory, little compost bin on top of the work surface with my 15mo.

KatyN Fri 28-Feb-14 07:29:40

We got rid of all our bins when my boys started walking. Loo seat always down as he can't lift it.

I tried asking him to put something's in the bin for me..hoping that would stop him putting other things in.

Hoping mind

MiaowTheCat Fri 28-Feb-14 11:01:55

Posting/transporting... bloody irritating but fairly common developmentally. We seem to be getting to the end of the whole posting thing with DD1, she's now into bags in a big way - but that's because she's decided her stripey bag is Mr Tumble's Spotty Bag.

I ended up in A+E with a suspected fractured wrist (was soft tissue damage in the end) from toppling over while reaching to try to retrieve a posted object.

Melonbreath Fri 28-Feb-14 18:02:49

I can't put boots on without emptying them of bricks, megablocks and little people first.
I never see her doing it either

When DD was about this age I went to put away her socks to find that she had no matching pairs left. The next day I caught her pulling off one of her socks and putting it in the bin.

She never threw anything else away, just socks. Everything else went into bags or boxes. I was hoping it would lead to her being tidy as she got older but these days she just leaves a trail of mess behind her.

turkeyboots Fri 28-Feb-14 18:14:53

DD at that age once emptied my mother's handbag out through the letter box. First we realised was when the neighbour rang the bell to give it all back!

AbbyRue Fri 28-Feb-14 19:14:33

Oh yes!we find all sorts in shoes, remote control in toolbox shockand keys in bin.

lola88 Sun 02-Mar-14 08:22:12

my mums convinced that DS put her cordless phone in the bin it went missing after he visited never to be seen again!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now