Silly pyjama question

(17 Posts)
Firsttimemum84 Tue 25-Feb-14 20:31:17

when did you stop using babygros and using pyjamas? my ds 10 months is still sleeping in vest and babygro with sleeping bag. he has been bought some pjs but am worried he might get cold feet! am I being a ridiculous pfb?!

blacktreaclecat Tue 25-Feb-14 20:34:44

Put socks on him?
DS is 20 months and has mostly pjs but still has a couple of babygros too.

enormouse Tue 25-Feb-14 20:37:33

Ds (2 and 4 months) is still in babygros and pyjamas with feet. I stick to gros as he has a tendency to undress himself in the night and they slow him down a little.

I have started buying some pyjamas without feet but that's only because it's starting to get harder to find footed pyjamas in his size.

KatAndKit Tue 25-Feb-14 20:40:11

12 months, once he grew out of 9-12 size. Getting all those poppers done up on an active crawling baby had become a headache and pulling on pyjamas much easier! He has a grobag to keep his feet warm.

mumofboyo Tue 25-Feb-14 20:49:31

With ds we moved him onto PJs at around 10 months or so. I don't know why though. During the following winter when his feet started getting cold I bought some long, thick welly socks from Sainsbury's which keep his legs and feet toasty warm.
With dd it was last Xmas, she was 1.2. She'd been given some PJs so we put her in them.
They now both wear their onesies with or without socks. These are quite thick and keep them warm enough for me to be able to turn the heating down/off without disturbing their sleep.

Theyaremysunshine Tue 25-Feb-14 20:55:31

2 years old, when he moved out of a sleeping bag and into a big boy bed. I love them in sleep suits!

tassisssss Tue 25-Feb-14 20:57:32

Totally up to you.

FWIW they wear jammies for the rest of their lives so I kept mine in babygros as long as poss. We even had some 2-3 ones! This was entirely to do with cuteness and not cold feet or practicality!

(though now there are onesie jammies so less of an issue)

catkind Tue 25-Feb-14 21:13:23

DS wore PJs occasionally as someone gave us some super-cute ones when he was 7-8 months. Discovered we much preferred pjs so we didn't buy any more sleepsuits after that point, but we already had some in the next couple of sizes so mostly switched to PJs from 18m.
DD was in PJs before 1 by virtue of handmedowns and being huge for her age.
My children are completely the wrong shape for sleepsuits, they have very long bodies and very short legs, so separates work better. With long vests to cover the gap in the middle. Or wearing mismatched size 3-4 tops and 18-24m bottoms as DD currently is. We have style in this house. wink
Oh and also I'm too lazy for all those poppers.
Babies in sleepsuits are sooooo cute tho.
Yeah, socks if you think they might get cold feet. Can't imagine he would inside a sleeping bag tho. Have a sneaky feel first thing in the morning, mine were always toasty warm under their blankets.

MyNameIsAnAnagram Tue 25-Feb-14 21:20:26

He was 3 or nearly 3 I think.

Gerty1002 Wed 26-Feb-14 06:44:37

My DS is 5 months old and quickly heading into 18-24 month clothes! I'll be very sad whwn I can no longer find babygrows to fit sad. He had some pyjamas when he was about 2/3 months (think they were 6-9 size though) and we just put socks on with them.

ZuleikaD Wed 26-Feb-14 06:46:33

We use sleepsuits up to about 2.5 yrs. You can get them up to 6-7 years!

jumperooo Wed 26-Feb-14 06:56:26

About ten months, she started walking and was slipping on wooden floors. Tried sleepsuits again a while ago, such a faff with the poppers, pyjamas much better!

NCISaddict Wed 26-Feb-14 07:02:16

We moved to PJ's at about 2.5 as DD was dry at night and getting up for a wee in PJ's is much easier and she could do everything herself. Never worried about cold feet so long as they didn't wake her up. She used to sleep on top of her blankets anyway, daft child. smile

Pascha Wed 26-Feb-14 07:08:44

I hated sleepsuits. Too many poppers to mismatch for me so both my boys got pyjamas from about 4-5 months old.

BlueFrenchHorn Wed 26-Feb-14 09:12:26

2.3 yo largely wears pjs now but still has some sleepsuits. Bought her pjs around 2.

Nocomet Wed 26-Feb-14 09:16:49

Yes as they get taller you reach a state of popper overload.

kaffkooks Wed 26-Feb-14 20:11:54

My son has been in pyjamas since age of 1. He kept waving his legs around and crawling off so the poppers were impossible to do up. It's a lot easier to just fling PJ top and trousers on him on top of vest. He doesn't get cold feet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now