Nighttime bowel movements - 18 months.

(3 Posts)

Hello all,

A bit of a strange one. Our DS has ONLY JUST started sleeping through at 17 months (he has Talipes so we've always put this down to his boots & bar he has to wear on a night).

However, for a long while, he's done a poo every few weeks or so after going to bed - most of the time it's been at around 9:30/10pm; sometimes he'd already have done a poo during the day, sometimes he might not have. It kind of stopped happening... for a little while, but I'd say for the past 4 weeks it's been quite the regular thing! This morning he woke up screaming blue murder at 4:50am. He'd pooed! He's so strong now and I struggled to change him on my own (but he's an angel at nursery and doesn't move an inch, apparently!). So my OH and I took 25 mins to change him as he was just hysterical! And by which point, he was indefinitely wide awake.

I just wondered if anyone else had experienced this? Is there anything we should avoid from his diet? I'm just so concerned that he just doesn't ever get quality sleep - I'm so used to the lack of sleep that I'm not too concerned about me. But he's a growing and developing little boy, I just want him to get a decent night's sleep, for his own sake!

Any advice greatly appreciated!

Many thanks!

Theyaremysunshine Tue 25-Feb-14 20:10:28

I don't think you can change when he poos tbh, DS had some overnight poos before finally settling in to a morning routine.

You could try some sort of light projector to use when changing his nappy at night to stop the screaming.

croquet Wed 26-Feb-14 19:50:19

Hiya - mine is pooing at 5am too - nightmare.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now