Co sleeping with month old baby and having to stay away

(4 Posts)
Lookingforabetteryear Tue 18-Feb-14 18:40:41

Hi all, I need some advice. I have been co sleeping with my four week old baby. I am
Having to stay away for a night in one month. He will be with close family, I am worried that he won't settle with anyone but me. Any advice? Anyone been through this?

RebeccaJames Tue 18-Feb-14 20:13:56

I hate to break it to you, but he won't mind at all smile. I left my 10-week-old (much more aware than a 4-weeker) with DH on Saturday night, thinking that after 10 weeks of close co-sleeping with just me, Ds2 would be inconsolable. Actually he slept better downstairs on the sofa with DH than he does with me! And no sign of distress at all!

You are going to feel anxious no matter what anyone says - it is a really big deal leaving LOs for the first time, but there is really nothing to actually worry about. Your feelings and hormones are all there is!

Lookingforabetteryear Tue 18-Feb-14 20:30:09

Great thanks- he would be in a Moses basket so I hope he settles. He wakes a lot so good luck to them!

RebeccaJames Tue 18-Feb-14 20:43:29

Exactly! They and he will be fine. dS2 didn't even react when I strolled back in the next morning. Slightly deflating but good to know...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now